Once you have set up your account, including any default settings that would make your event creation more efficient, you can initiate the creation of a new event registration page.
- From the top main navigation menu, select “Classes” (or the term you used for your events in your account).
- Click on the blue button to add New Class. You will then be taken through a straightforward 5-step process to include all the required information and configurations for your event.
Step 1 — Main Details
Here you will be setting the event title, date, time, instructor, and location. In this step you have the opportunity to override the registration close date and time zone as needed, as well as select the instructor(s). You also have the opportunity to override your desired public contact information.
Step 2 — Pricing & Payment
Here you will be setting the price of your event. You can make an event free by putting in a zero value, or assign the desired cost. This is also the step where you can:
- assign an early bird price and date
- add more pricing categories
- include add-ons on top of the event cost
- collect and/or override the tax amount
- enable online credit cards payments
- enable offline payments (option to pay later)
- enable online deposit payments
- enable automatic reminders for pending payments
- enable and assign applicable discount coupons
Step 3 — Description & Content
Here you can provide the event summary and description that will show up on the published event page. These can be formatted using Markdown formatting. In your description you can outline all of the pertinent details related to your event, such as multiple date sessions, prerequisites, special considerations, meal or materials information, refund policy, or anything else.
Step 4 — Custom Form Fields
Here you have the option of adding some custom form fields for attendees to fill out on the registration form specific to this event. This is an optional step that is only needed if you would like to customize your registration form beyond what you already set globally for your account.
Step 5 — Filters & Settings
Here you will be setting any classification filters, restrictions and event notifications. The filters you assign will enable you (internally) and your participants (publicly) to locate the most appropriate event for them quickly and easily. Other configurations include:
- limit the number of spots available to the event
- restrict who can register to this event (by email domain or passcode)
- send automatic email reminders, and choose the days prior to the start date
- send automatic email feedback requests to all attendees
- receive notification emails on every new registration or feedback submission
- include a custom email communication message on receipt and reminder emails